Ali's 15th birthday and other stuff...

We have been busy as usual and finding the extra time to keep this blog updated is not getting any easier. Unfortunately I failed to update everyone about Ali's 15th birthday last month! We celebrated the day with a sunset boat tour of Charleston harbor. Thanks to everyone for sending your birthday wishes and cards, she had a very lovely birthday.



It is surprising how fast everyone is growing up and how fast this year has gone by, it's already fall! After 6 months of settling into our new house I am ready to get back to indoor projects like painting and tiling. I hope to get the kitchen done before the holidays and maybe I'll even find time to post pictures of the results. The kids are not really ready to come back indoors yet and I can't blame them with the wonderful weather we are having. Fishing and surfing are the hobbies that are taking much of their free time now. It is hard for all of us to keep a healthy balance of work and free time living in Charleston. The weather, history, landscape and friendly people are always tempting us to put away the school-work and chores and just get outside and play. This also adds to why I struggle to force myself to sit down and post updates. If you don't believe me just come for a visit and see for yourself!